Whilst the COVID19 restrictions are still having a major impact on our club activities there is a chink of light and following approval from British Cycling and North Herts District Council the club is now able to offer so early stages of return to normality. Coaching and practise sessions are now being made available to
Here’s a link to the latest update from north Herts council.The track comes under a sports facility and not a green open space.Therefore it is not open for any use!!https://www.north-herts.gov.uk/home/emergency-planning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-service-updates This should be read in conjunction with the original update
Following Sunday’s announcement there is no change to the use of the Royston BMX track – it remains closed in accordance with government guidance.We need to maintain the social distancing rules and protect our NHS during this time.Stay safe riders and see you all when it is safe to do so.
British Cycling have released the Bad News Guidance which can be seen Here As indicated in these guidance notes the Rockets have to announce that all formal club sessions on Tuesday evenings and Saturdays are cancelled until further notice. However, as our track is open for public use it does not restrict individuals from riding
From this Saturday (21st March) and for the next 4 months we will be running two coaching sessions and these will be on the last two Saturdays of Every month starting this Saturday. Please see the Club Coaching and Diary Dates pages for full information. Group sizes on every session is 16 so you have
Royston Rockets are following the current British Cycling and UK government guidelines on the Corona Virus and whilst we will be providing helmets at this time please ensure that each one is sprayed with the product supplied by the club. Gloves will not be available at this time but bikes will still be available. Our
Storm Dennis is being a menace! The Weather has forced the rescheduling of Regional Winter Series at Royston. Due to be held on Sunday February 16th it will now be held on February 23rd thanks to many of the regions clubs being willing to rearrange their own club races. The Saturday afternoon Club Session has
We have taken the decision to cancel tonight’s session due the uncertainty about wind speed and toppling flood lights. The weekend is also looking bad with Storm Dennis on its way Friday and Saturday although Sunday for the Regional race is looking a little more positive – we will keep you updated.
British Cycling has extended its consultation on the future of each of its six cycling disciplines, the next step of a major project which will help prioritise investment and resource and enable it to work more strategically in the future. We are inviting all of our members to contribute, and they can do so via