Royston’s Club Summer Series started on Tuesday 22nd May and although the weather was a little cold, especially compared to the Club Regional race the previous Sunday, the rider turn out was great and the racing close. Thanks to all the Club officials and volunteers that ran the event and got it completed on time.
The Royston Rockets are hosting round 3 of the BMX East Regional Series on May 20th – all riders with BC Silver or Gold membership are welcome to race – on line registration closes on Friday May 18th at 11.30pm – click here to register On Line. On Day registration closes at 11.30 click here
The coaching sessions that were cancelled last week will now run on Saturday 4th May – if you wish to be included please contact the club coaching team directly or use the “Contact Us” page on the web site. The following Tuesday will be coaching at the school (Pre-book please) with open gate practice at
Unfortunately the heavy rain overnight and the threat of more rain all day has forced the club to cancel today’s coaching session and in an effort to protect the track before our Regional race in May the track will be closed today – hopefully Tuesday evening will go ahead as planned but please keep watching
Coaching at Roysia School Play Ground will start on Tuesday the 17th of April to May 8th The track will still be open for practice for those not taking advantage of the coaching sessions. There will be three groups and they will start at different times as follows As per the same groups from our
The rescheduled final round of the Club Winter Series ran without any problems today – the final standings are now published on the Results page. The trophy presentation will take place in a few weeks time – watch this space for more information.
The crazy weather has got us again – today’s practice session has been cancelled as there is freezing snow in the berms and on the face of some jumps and the wind is not helping. We are hopeful that Tuesday evening under flood lights will be OK.
The Winter Series Club Race that was canceled early in March has been rescheduled for Saturday 24th March Registration opens 12.30pm to 1.30pm. Racing starts 2.00pm until about 4.00pm The classes for the series are 7 and Under 8-9yr 10-11yr 12 – 13yr 14 – 16yr 17+yr Cruiser / MTB The next Club Coaching Day is March 31st
We have reviewed the track condition and weather forecasts and decided the risk of snow on berms and a rock hard track are too great to allow tonight’s (Feb 27th) floodlit session to go ahead safely. The final round of the club series on Saturday is also under threat and will be reviewed on Thursday